Thursday, December 29, 2011

New Website

Dear Friends of Central African History.

I have decided to create a new blog to house the Cavazzi translation on Boston University's server. I am not closing this blog down, however, because some readers have cited it in published work, and in the interest of not creating an orphan citation, I will keep the text here as well. However, any revisions I might make on the stable text at Boston University will be recorded only there.

Meanwhile, the BU site has some other texts that might interest you. I have posted my translation of Antonio Franco's Synopsis Annalium, an important text on the Jesuits in early seventeenth century Kongo, published in 1725 but based on an unknown or lost text from the seventeenth century.

I have also posted my translation from Kikongo of the sermon found in the back of Joris van Gheel's Kikongo dictionary of 1648 along with an analytical forward and my transcription of the original text.

No comments: